Snake like it's 1997
Snake '97 is a remake of the original Snake, complete with dot-matrix display and monotone sounds. Rewind time and get a dosis of nostalgia that is as addictive (and frustrating) as the original.
Play Snake '97 and be prepared to lose some productive hours.
- old school controls
- dot-matrix display
- play with keyboard, touchscreen or gamepad
- original monotone sounds (bleep bleep)
- 9 original and 3 extra difficulty levels
- Snake 1 and classic Snake 2
- 7 classic game modes (5110, 3210, 8210, 8850 and 3310, 3410 and 7110 with Snake 2)
- bonus creatures (Snake 2)
- go through the walls! (Snake 2)
- 5 original and 2 extra labyrinths (Snake 2)
- a high score that cannot be reset (just like the original)
- world wide rankings (all platforms)
The story behind this game is that my smartphone got damaged, requiring me to revert back to an old phone. Suddenly I knew the smartphone was missing something and the idea for a accurate Snake remake was born.
Snake '97 is an homage to the classic mobile phone game programmed in 1997.
By carefully analyzing the classic gameplay, timing and controls, this Snake '97 remake is one of the most accurate available.
As app builder I value privacy very much. Read about privacy and Snake '97.